If you’re planning to sell your Discord, you must know how to give ownership in Discord. Very few people know that only Discord owners can transfer server ownership to someone else. Discord is a gaming-focused VoIP app that is developed for Windows and Apple platforms. In today’s post, I will teach you how to give ownership to someone in Discord. If you’re a moderator doesn’t mean you can transfer Discord ownership to others. Privileges don’t make you the server’s owner! This transfer can be done via a browser or an app. Keep on reading to find out how to give ownership in Discord.
How To Give Ownership In Discord?
In this section, I will explain how to give ownership in Discord. Discord servers can sometimes have hundreds or even thousands of members at a time. Maintaining such a community can be a challenging task.
You can follow these steps to know how to give ownership in Discord by using a desktop.
- First, launch Discord by visiting www.discord.com on a web browser.
- Now, click on the Open Discord in your browser option.
- Enter your Discord username to login into your Discord server.
- From Discord’s left sidebar, select the Discord server whose ownership you want to transfer to someone.
- Navigate to the top of the server page to the server’s name.
- Here, click on the down arrow icon.
- From the drop-down menu, select Server Settings.
- This will open up the server’s settings page.
- Navigate to the left sidebar to click on Members.
- In the Server Members pane, you’ll see the list of users to whom you can transfer the ownership.
- Select the name of a Discord user from this list.
- Then, click the three dots to the side of the selected user’s name.
- Select Transfer Ownership.
- A Transfer Ownership sub-menu will appear.
- Click on the Transfer button to confirm the ownership transfer.
Thus, your Discord server’s ownership is now transferred to the selected Discord user.
You can repeat the same procedure to know how to give ownership in Discord group/group chat. However, the Discord desktop app version works the same as Discord’s web version.
Keep on reading to know more about how to give ownership in a group DM on Discord.
Click here – How To Give People Robux?
Give Ownership In Discord On Mobile
Discord users can also transfer their ownership of the Discord server to another person via a Mobile app. This section will explain to you how to give ownership in Discord Mobile.
- First, launch the Discord app on your Android device.
- Then, log in to your Discord account using your account details.
- From the left sidebar, select the server to which you would like to transfer the ownership.
- Now, swipe towards the left to bring up the channel list.
- Tap on the three-dot icon located next to the server’s name.
- Next, tap on the Gear or Settings icon.
- This will open up the Server Settings page.
- Scroll down to the User Management section to choose Members.
- Select the user to transfer server ownership from the Member List page.
- Once selected, tap the three dots located next to their name.
- From the sub-menu, select Transfer Ownership.
- In the Transfer Ownership text box, toggle on the option where you acknowledge to do a server ownership transfer.
- Lastly, click on Transfer to confirm the ownership transfer.
After completing the transfer process, you can still be a member of the server. But the access you retain will depend on the permission tied to your role.
Note: You can repeat the same procedure to know how to transfer ownership on Discord on iPhone.
Give Ownership In Discord If There Is No Owner
Sometimes, the sole owner of a Discord server chooses to delete their account without transferring the ownership. Being a server member, you cannot obtain ownership on your own.
Follow these steps if you want to submit an ownership transfer request to Discord Support.
- On a web browser, go to the official Discord Support page.
- Under the “What can we help you with?” section, select Help & Support.
- Now, enter the Email address that you’re using for your Discord account.
- Under the “Type of question?” section, select Server Ownership Transfer Request.
- In the Subject text box, type “Server owner deleted their account, need help regarding server ownership transfer”.
- Select <100 or >100 under the Server Member Count section.
- Now, add attachments if necessary.
- To finish off, click on Submit.
Wait for a while as Discord Support will do everything they can to help you with your request. Now, how to transfer ownership on Discord from a banned account? You send an email to [email protected] for further assistance.
Changes That Happen When You Transfer Ownership On Discord
After this, you must be wondering what happens when you transfer ownership on Discord. The new Discord owner will notice the following changes on the Discord application.
- They can see text audits but not deleted messages.
- New Discord owners will be able to grant permission to other members.
- You can either remain as a moderator or a regular user.
- The new owner also has the right to rename the server and create invites.
Assemble more stuff on Giveve
Can I Give Discord Ownership To Someone Else?
Instructions. First, open up your ‘Server Settings’ tab by clicking on the Server Name box. Then, under User Management, click on the ‘Members’ tab. And finally, hover over desired user’s name & click the three dots to open a sub menu where you can click on ‘Transfer Ownership’
Why Can’t I Transfer Ownership On Discord?
However, the fact that you are a moderator or have a permission-packed role on a server doesn’t automatically mean that you can transfer ownership onto someone else. Privileges don’t make you the server’s owner. So, only a Discord server owner can transfer server ownership.
How Do You Get The Owner Crown In Discord?
Just head into your role settings and turn off ‘Display role members separately from online members’, and your crown will reappear.
Why Is The Server Owner Crown Not Showing?
Why is Discord crown not showing up? Discord crown is not showing up as you have one or more roles that are both hoisted (shows separately on server sidebar) and have administrator privileges. In that case, you will lose the crown despite being the owner of the server.
Click here – How To Give A Puppy Shots?
How Do I Give Ownership In Discord?
How do I transfer server ownership?
- Open up your ‘Server Settings’ tab by clicking on the Server Name box:
- Under User Management click on the ‘Members’ tab:
- Hover over desired user’s name & click the three dots (Hamburger Menu!) to open a sub menu where you can click on ‘Transfer Ownership’.
What Happens To A Discord Server If The Owner Is Deleted?
Your server won’t be deleted, it will just appear as though it is owned by a deleted user. One of your admins or mods will need to request ownership to be transferred.
By reading the above post, you’ve got to know how to transfer ownership on Discord mobile and PC. The entire ownership transfer process of a Discord server is instant! Simply open Server Settings to select the desired Discord member (new Discord owner) from the Members tab. But the other Discord users won’t be notified about the change of ownership on a Discord server. If the current owner is inactive for more than 30 days, you can send an ownership transfer request to Discord. Thus, you can now transfer your Discord server ownership to someone else after learning how to give ownership in Discord.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit AllForMens
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit Anamounto
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit AskCorran
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit ATSMotorSports
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit BeingCost
Can a Discord server owner transfer ownership?